DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF WISCONSIN
2015 State Convention
June 5-6, 2015
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 West Canal Street, Milwaukee, WI 53233
HOW TO BE A DELEGATE
1. You must have your dues paid up-to-date (no later than 5:00 pm, May 22) If you are uncertain of your membership status, check with our membership chair Karen Kirsch or email DPW membership manager Sean Berger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Give your name to our membership chair or to our county chair to be registered for both your CD convention and the State Convention. Dates for the CD Conventions are listed below. Paying in advance is wise because registration fees are $25 prior to May 15. After that, they increase to $35. It also helps convention planners.
3. All registration ends at 5:00 on May 15.
4. Attend your CD and State Conventions. Be sure you register before the deadlines in order to have voting privileges.
5. In order to vote in the election of officers and on other items at these conventions, you must take care of registration before the deadlines. Despite the great interest in this year's convention, we will likely have space for all who wish to attend from the 4th CD because our quota is so large. However, it is imperative that you meet all deadlines specified above. Numbers for Milwaukee County members who live in the 1st and 5th CDs, on the other hand, are much smaller, so everyone who wishes to be a voting delegate may not fit under those quotas. If that should happen, you are still encouraged to attend the convention and hear the speakers and debates.
CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT CONVENTIONS
CD 1 - Saturday, May 9 in Kenosha
CD 2 - Sunday, April 19 (location TBD)
CD 3 - Saturday, May 2 in Onalaska
CD 4 - Saturday, March 28 in Milwaukee
CD 5 - Sunday, April 26 in Brookfield
CD 6 - Sunday, April 19 in Oshkosh
CD 7 - Saturday, April 18 in Marshfield
CD 8 - Saturday, April 25 in Cecil